Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 hours ago, Totally_Computerized said:

I probably will go that route then , I only have two lenses for my 70d the variable that came with it and the 50mm that everyone buys when they have a canon 😁 Iam going to see how I go with the dobby then and start saving for a mount .

Are the Phillips planispheres worth having while using a dobby , I watched some videos on how to understand them , but are the useful in practice?

yes I would get one and a good map charts that's weather proff or water proff

joejaguar

• Like 1

FWIW I have a motorised mount for my 200P Dobsonian.  It will stay on a star for up to about 20 minutes though won't absolutely track forever as the big EQ mounts do, However, the computerised Dobsonian mount should be quite long enough for some decent length exposures - I have had good fun with up to about 12-15s exposures.

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

I've little experience of non eq mounted photography but can recommend getting a scope on an eq mount, as soon as you've sussed out polar aligning you're away. Computerised goto, especially from the phone or tablet makes it so easy. Downside there is a cost (£600 with power supply etc) but the best money I ever spent. 

• Like 1