NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pegasus focuser bust

blinky

On 18/11/2019 at 22:50, blinky said:

I would rather swap it for a ZWO one but Altair don't sell them and I cant see them giving me a refund when its nearly out of warranty (unfortunately!)

You will get a v2 instead most likely. 

1 hour ago, blinky said:

Whats the diff?

Redesigned electronics and a aluminium casing as opposed to the plastic shell. Generally looks more the business than the older black model. I own one. 

Edited by Adam J

2 hours ago, Adam J said:

Redesigned electronics and a aluminium casing as opposed to the plastic shell. Generally looks more the business than the older black model. I own one. 

I have v1 of that cube, and on my MN190 I had to mount it in such a way that I can't use the temperature probe. V2 looks indeed a lot better, and more professional with the print on aluminium rather than sticker on plastic. 

I got the new motor unit the other day - its the newer version with the all metal case, very nice!  I set it all up tonight but am wondering if I have a problem with this motor... I was using the exact same settings in SGPro as before but this time it seemed to have loads of backlash in the motor, I thought I would try and give the focus knob a little turn/put some pressure on it, just to see if it was backlash in the focuser or anything and I was surprised how easily the focus knob turned, very easy, almost like the focuser motor was not attached!  I  looked at the motor and can see Im turning the motor with the focus knob, easily, which is not something I think I had with the other motor, or indeed the ZWO focuser that's on my Newt.  Do you think I need to return this motor as well?

36 minutes ago, Evans Souglakos said:

For the record, the motor coupler screw was not tied enough so the shaft was rotating without the proper motor shaft contact

Sorry - Yes, my mistake!  All working perfectly now.  I think with me putting it together in the warm house then it being so cold last night, it just needed a final nip of one of the screws on the motor shaft

On 30/11/2019 at 18:26, blinky said:

Sorry - Yes, my mistake!  All working perfectly now.  I think with me putting it together in the warm house then it being so cold last night, it just needed a final nip of one of the screws on the motor shaft

Don't panic. :)