Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Setting a DSLR for sequence of shots?? How ?

mothershipuk

Hi Guys,

During another lesson of self teaching in my back garden with my scope and canon 450d I find myself getting very cold very quickly. Feet mainly! brrrrrr !

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how to set this camera to take say.... 10 x 30 sec shots (without me having to return after every shot)? I am very new to this and want to try some stacking but obviously need some images to stack. I am working hard on the polar alignment process and now have come to the fountain of knowledge to seek further guidance please. I have checked the manual and cannot see anything there.

Thanks

Speak soon

Justin

The camera can do 10x sequence of shots on it's own. Set the self timer up with the last setting, I think it's self timer count. Then set the number of frames to capture between one and ten. When you press the shutter, the camera will fire off that many frames. More than that and you're looking at what Steve mentioned.

I bought that remote from Hong Kong and there is an issue with the counter.

I think if I set it for less than 1 min between shots the frame counter counts down on it's own, the shorter the interval the quicker it counts down. Over a minute interval and it's happy. Some say that 30 - 40 seconds between shots is best so another 20 isn't a big deal. I think I'll sell it go with the laptop for other benefits though.

Dave

Dave, I've not noticed that with mine. I've used it for 15 second exposures. I have found that if you set a timer for that sort of length, you still need the camera on Bulb mode not set for 15 seconds or it gets confused and out of sync.

Yep I had it set up right, it's really wierd and the supplier hadn't had this problem before. To be fair he may not have, but if there's going to be a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a duff one, it's sure to be me. He did offer me a new improved one at a very good discount and that works ok. The most annoying thing was that I sent it off to Astonomiser to get it converted to work with my 300D as it comes with a N3 connector. For what I ended up paying it would have been worth going a bit more and getting a genuine cannon one.

Oh well, live and learn

DAve

I bought the same one form UK (pixlamb) and havent noticed any issues with it apart from needing to change the batteries "eraly2 - sometiems the unit would appera to be running through the sequence properly but the camera shutter wasnt operating in sync... changing the batteries in the remote sorted it...

Billy...

Archived