Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI294MC Pro images in Half Resolution

Skyline

Hi,

I need some help in this,  I am sure I'm missing a trick here or I am going mad :

Last night I was imaging, I stacked the images using DSS, when exporting the image into PS I noticed the DSS Autosave.tif image was saved at 2072 x 1411 instead of the native resolution at 4144 x 2822. I was binning at 1x1.

Thinking it might be a problem with the FIT files, I checked in FITS Liberator and they all showing 4144 x 2822 resolution also this resolution shows next to each file stacked in DSS. Is this a DSS issue or a setting I need to set.

The FITS settings in DSS is set to Generic RGGB, Any suggestions please ?

Thanks

Nadeem.

Edited by Skyline

17 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Hi,

I need some help in this,  I am sure I'm missing a trick here or I am going mad :

Last night I was imaging, I stacked the images using DSS, when exporting the image into PS I noticed the DSS Autosave.tif image was saved at 2072 x 1411 instead of the native resolution at 4144 x 2822.

Thinking it might be a problem with the FIT files, I checked in FITS Liberator and they all showing 4144 x 2822 resolution also this resolution shows next to each file stacked in DSS. Is this a DSS issue or a setting I need to set.

The FITS settings in DSS is set to Generic RGGB, Any suggestions please ?

Thanks

Nadeem.

You might have DSS in superpixel mode. 

Edited by Adam J

Well, fact of life is that OCS sensors in fact sample at half the resolution - nothing to do with the problem you are facing, but I just wanted to mention that.

What you have here is debayering using super pixel mode - which combines 4 adjacent pixels into single RGB pixel value. Other debayering algorithms work by interpolating missing values (but can't restore missing information in high frequencies so you get your image at "native" resolution but still sampled at lower rate). If you want larger image - select some other debayering algorithm.

7 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

DSS has two tabs - one for fits files and one for raw files (those from DSLR), are you sure you are looking at the right tab?

Doh ! You are Absolutely correct Vlaiv. Thank you just exported to 4144 x 2822.

Thanks.