NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cygnus tail

toxic

not been about for a while i managed a couple of hours out the other night with my new lens the EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L  and it gives much greater colour than any other lens i have.

please let me know what you think.

35 subs at 2 minutes per sub = 1 hour 10 minutes no crop.
canon eos 200d not moded AT ISO 6400  
canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM AT 70MM AND F4.
will need a lot more subs for noise and detail when i get the chance.

NGC-7000--@-70mm-week hlvg-psp.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Chris,

That image for a standard 70-300 lens is fantastic. The only way i could think of improving on this would to be maybe try tweaking the contrast and darkening the blacks slightly. All in all, a great image.

John

15 minutes ago, johngm said:

Hi Chris,

That image for a standard 70-300 lens is fantastic. The only way i could think of improving on this would to be maybe try tweaking the contrast and darkening the blacks slightly. All in all, a great image.

John

hi John not the standard lens its the L so much better colour and much less chromatic aberration and thanks for the tips i just don't want to push it to much.

Just now, toxic said:

hi John not the standard lens its the L so much better colour and much less chromatic aberration and thanks for the tips i just don't want to push it to much.

Didn't know it was the L lens, yes, great lenses. I was almost going to buy myself one ( if it it were the standard 70-300 )  😂

John

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johngm said:

Didn't know it was the L lens, yes, great lenses. I was almost going to buy myself one ( if it it were the standard 70-300 )  😂

John

thanks john

i have the standard 70-300 as well john and apart from the 70-300 part there is no comparison the standard lens for colour reproduction in astro is terrible and it has to be used at F15 or more for the corners to have round ish stars and still suffered chromatic aberration.

where as the 70-300 L F4 has much better colour control and was used at F4 and the corners are not  to bad and no chromatic aberration.