Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Berlebach spreader tray / three tripods

Telescope40

Hello all.   Been working on an upgrade to my tripod collection following on from seeing a thread from @johninderbywhere he was able to add a Berlebach tripod spreader to his EQ6 tripod. 

I really liked the look of this. I ordered the parts with a view to a build myself.  As the parts were being ordered and delivered I saw that John was selling the tripod, including the upgrade, to @asteria ,Ed, who bought the tripod from John.  I did enquire with John about buying the spreader but a deal had already been agreed. 

All my parts duly arrived and I set about sorting my EQ6 tripod out.  Things went well. 

Ed then got in touch to see, as he was not going to use the upgrade, whether I would like to make a purchase.  Needless to say I did.  May seem a little like overkill to some but I am now in the position of being able to add my Berlebach tripod tray to any of my three tripods.  Amazing what you might get up to while the clouds frustrate this hobby of ours. 

A couple of pictures below if you have read this far,   UNI 18 tripod ( had this a few years now )  EQ6 tripod with @johninderby work attached  My wooden surveyors tripod with my upgrade  ( with and with out the tray fitted ) 

John 

2826AD19-3AA7-499B-B4D5-23239B0D6C31.jpeg

8B159098-F2E8-4EAE-A66B-457634EED7C3.jpeg

8608E4D4-AF7D-40C1-96A5-F06C1C6BD0AB.jpeg

8F96863D-168B-4866-8BAB-A598000A52FC.jpeg

Edited by Telescope40
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1