Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HFG1 and Abell 6 widefield

ampleamp

I have @Petergoodhew to thank for the suggestion of this object. Taken with my widefield rig (Tak FC100DF with Atik16200 and FSQ85 with QSI683) this is an extremely faint pair of objects that needed around 30 hours O111 and around 20 hours of Ha, both taken in 2x2bin 1200" frames. This made my acquisition image scale around 5.2"/p but i registered to a few frames of 1x1bin subs in an attempt to reduce the impact. Despite this, it ended up being a very noisy stack and process. All frames taken between 28th and 30th October. This has been cropped slightly. Once i get my longer fl scope back I would love to try this again at 0.7"/p

HOO_final_half.jpg

• Like 13

Thanks both, it was quite an experience chasing this down. I was surprised at just how faint this was and I believe it was only discovered in the 80s so isn’t widely known, but for me one of the most photogenic PNs up there. I know Pete is working on a much closer version so expect to see that fairly soon, and from what I’ve seen so far it’s going to be very good.