Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Scooot

A welcome surprise

I arrived home late from dinner with friends, about 1.45, and the sky was full of bright stars. Orion showing very clearly in the South so I grabbed the 8x42s for an unexpected tour. 
Orion was fantastic, as was the Pleiades, but the highlight was Auriga, more or less overhead. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen M36,37 & 38 in the same FOV. M37 & M38 on the very edge, but they were all very obvious fuzzies. It was great :) 

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 11

On a couple of mornings lately when I’ve had to get up really early and it’s been clear I’ve seen Orion Taurus and the Pleiades and thought “oh there you are, haven’t seen you lot for a while!”. They’re one of the compensations for Winter...

• Like 2

The early mornings are a beautiful sight at the moment, always my favorite time of the day at any time of the year.

• Like 1