NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reprocessed - Jupiter in Scorpius

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys - these dark skies really are the business.

Wish I could have brought all my astro equipment with me and not just the Canon and a photo tripod. What I wouldn't give to have at least my HEQ5 mount to use with the WO ZS66.

I still haven't been able to borrow a driven EQ mount - all the astronomers here seem to have Dobsonians. The local AS have kindly leant me an old orange tube C8, but this is not suitable for imaging. The C8 is on a wedge, but I'm afraid the old motor runs a bit erratically. Therefore I can't post many images on SGL - sorry!

8)

MD

Enjoy that warm christmas sunshine :sunny:

Dave

I''l try my best!

8) MD

Superb image, I love these widefields. I've just bought myself a 28mil lens for my DLSR for when I return to Oz in July. I have a tripod out there permanently so I'm hoping for some great widefields.

With a 28mm lens you should get some great shots. You will probably be limited to 15 - 20 sec subs to avoid star trailing though.

8) MD

Archived