Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Transporting Telescope.. carry bag/box

allo allo..  if I may I would like some advice regarding transporting my telescope/mount...  I have seen several different types of bags which are made for the job..  I had also considering making a lined/padded carry box with 2 sections in it one being for the scope itself and the other for the mount/tripod and although I think it would be great for transporting in the van I see the idea coming unstuck if I have to park up and walk and distance while trying to carry a big box.  Unfortunately I am on a budget so was hoping someone could recommend something reasonably priced just to start me off whether it be a bag made for the job or some sort of alternative that will do the job. I believe I have a skywatcher 150pl..  The uncertainty comes from the fact I have barely used it since buying it and currently it's packed away so can't check but looking around online i'm pretty sure that's what I have.  Cheers 🙂 

The old TAL scopes came in a plywood box and I've been thinking along the same lines myself, as my smaller Tal-M has the box but the Tal-1 and 100RS do not. Problem I see will be the weight and bulk which won't be helped by the added weight of the box. I'm thinking along the lines of adding decent sized wheels at one end so it can be towed along more easily, esp given the 100RS+EQ5 weighs in around 50KG. I guess another option would be a fold-up sack barrow to strap it onto while moving it around

15 hours ago, Sky-searcher said:

I use padded bags for my scopes. You can add extra padding inside & are available in lots of different sizes to suit. The bags I use are cobra case bags, google them or also on Amazon. Not expensive & good quality. 

99AB6B62-F7DD-4000-AC1B-6D37A7FE551A.jpeg

85C03262-5BA2-4F4D-81A1-84BE4F73AB15.jpeg

Thanks for that.. I may well go this way but will have to measure my scope and see if they have something that will do the job.. must say the look very good value, was shocked at how cheap they are.  

• Like 1