Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flattener/reducer spacing

JamesF

Any thoughts on whether I need more or less distance between the sensor and the reducer based on these images?

Centre:

centre.png

Bottom right:

bottom-right.png

Bottom left:

bottom-left.png

Top right:

top-right.png

Top left:

top-left.png

My feeling is that I may need a little more space, but not much.  A second (or third and fourth) opinion would be reassuring however :)

James

15 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Any thoughts on whether I need more or less distance between the sensor and the reducer based on these images?

Centre:

centre.png

Bottom right:

bottom-right.png

Bottom left:

bottom-left.png

Top right:

top-right.png

Top left:

top-left.png

My feeling is that I may need a little more space, but not much.  A second (or third and fourth) opinion would be reassuring however :)

James

Does not look too bad to me, if anything you have a tiny little bit of tilt. I would not worry about it too much though.

Thanks Adam.  I might check that the FR is still square in the draw tube.  That's the only non threaded connection, so probably worth a look to make sure it hasn't moved now I have the filter wheel and camera on the back.

James

Could it be a slight misalignment of the optics. There is a wee bit of elongation in the bottom left and right. Without spending large amounts of time experimenting and losing good sub time in the UK can you afford it.

last time I actually looked at anything I did (several years now) mine was similar if not worse. 

🤔

Derek