NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser 10 x 50 bins at LIDL

gfletcher

I paid a tenner for a pair of these last year, great value. one bit of advice make sure you have a look through them first, i looked through a couple of dogs that wasn't properly alligned before i found an excellent pair.

Make good Xmas presents too !!!

Mick

Yes, there's a reason why they are cheap - because they are cheap. I've had two pairs of these and they have both gone out of alignment in pretty short order. They don't appear to be all that easy to adjust either as under the rubber grips there is only one screw when I would expect 2 in a decent pair of bins to allow collimation of the prism. Don't think I'll be running out for a third pair. Pity, since optically they are pretty good.

There's two screws in mine. Presumably you know about this one:

573_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The other one is a bit harder to find, I'll see if I can post another pic later. I've found that the left and right screws that I show are enough for collimation since they move each image at almost right angles.

There's two screws in mine. Presumably you know about this one:

573_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The other one is a bit harder to find, I'll see if I can post another pic later. I've found that the left and right screws that I show are enough for collimation since they move each image at almost right angles.

Yes I was aware of that screw. I would have expected another at 90 degrees to it in the same plane, but there isn't (I have taken the rubber grip off). As for the 3 screws on the backplate, I don't think they are collimation screws, but I could be wrong.

Archived