Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TV Documentaries

mattjanes100

I've recently watched a couple of really good documentaries so thought I would share as a recommendation for those that are interested. 

Mission Control - The Unsung Heroes of Apollo (Netflix)

This covers the Apollo programme from start to end, including some back stories of those lucky enough to have joined NASA at the very beginning and how they ended up there. There are some really interesting insights to each of the missions that you may not already know, all the triumph and tragedy included. Christopher Kraft and Gene Kranz feature quite heavily and provide details of their involvement in some of these historic events.

The Farthest (Amazon Prime)

Probably two of the best loved missions by astronomers - Voyagers 1 and 2 - are covered in this film. Interviews with lots of the mission team and interestingly, Carl Sagan's son and discussion about the Golden Record. Plenty of images of the grand tour are included in the film, noting the landmark discoveries that were made as a result. The Voyagers are certainly my favourite spacecraft, I even have the silhouette tattooed on my arm!

Both worth checking out if you are stuck for something to watch and if there are any others that you have seen, please let us know!