Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan V.4 Cable Needed for Firmware

Thanks.  So the serial connection is going into the mount?  Not into the handcontroller?  I was thinking the serial connector was for the pc and the phone jack end to go into the controller.  My laptop and pc do not have connections for a serial port.  

TC

Ok, so the USB end of the USB to serial cable goes into the PC. Connect the serial end of that cable to the serial end of the serial to RJ45* cable. The RJ45 end of that cable goes into the middle socket in the bottom of the hand controller. Don't plug anything into the mount. Does that help?

*The Synscan instructions call it a RJ45 port but I have read discussion that it does not meet the RJ45 standards. I've used the term here generically. 

2 minutes ago, Adrian_P said:

Ok, so the USB end of the USB to serial cable goes into the PC. Connect the serial end of that cable to the serial end of the serial to RJ45* cable. The RJ45 end of that cable goes into the middle socket in the bottom of the hand controller. Don't plug anything into the mount. Does that help?

*The Synscan instructions call it a RJ45 port but I have read discussion that it does not meet the RJ45 standards. I've used the term here generically. 

The V4 handset doesn't have a power socket, so the handset has to be powered from the mount. The connection sequence should be this:

USB port on pc > usb-serial adapter> serial data cable > handset serial port (the serial port on the handset is the smaller of the two, RJ12) 
Handset RJ45 socket > mount through handset to mount cable.