Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

baader coma mkiii fov

Fieldsy

Hi all would the mkiii change the fov a little ?

When my asiair when to the bubble neb before you could see the bubble bit in the bottom left straight away but now I have the mkiii in the link it didn't show up and I had to slow around to get the bubble , any ideas

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi all would the mkiii change the fov a little ?

When my asiair when to the bubble neb before you could see the bubble bit in the bottom left straight away but now I have the mkiii in the link it didn't show up and I had to slow around to get the bubble , any ideas

Thanks

It should not change the FOV significantly. I.e. not so much that you would be able to see the difference from visual inspection alone. Most correctors will change it a little tiny bit even if they are stated as 1.0x but like i say it wont be noticeable without plate solving to measure it.

13 minutes ago, Adam J said:

It should not change the FOV significantly. I.e. not so much that you would be able to see the difference from visual inspection alone. Most correctors will change it a little tiny bit even if they are stated as 1.0x but like i say it wont be noticeable without plate solving to measure it.

So this is where I re targeted to abit better than before , but I think i need to flip it , god knows what's going to happen with that.

20191003_000405.jpg

Astro images from different cameras and optics can be inverted and laterally reversed to each other.

The MPCC shouldn't change the field f view unless you have the spacing way out.

But I get the impression that you think it has altered your pointing accuracy ?

Michael

Just now, michael8554 said:

Astro images from different cameras and optics can be inverted and laterally reversed to each other.

The MPCC shouldn't change the field f view unless you have the spacing way out.

But I get the impression that you think it has altered your pointing accuracy ?

Michael

Without the coma the bubble was very close to the edge of my screen ,with the coma I couldn't see it at all .it was just of screen .

13 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

So this is where I re targeted to abit better than before , but I think i need to flip it , god knows what's going to happen with that.

20191003_000405.jpg

How close should I let the scope get before I do a flip ?. Atm I'm about 30mm away.

40 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

How close should I let the scope get before I do a flip ?. Atm I'm about 30mm away.

Just dont let it hit mate you can damage the worm gear.

Those subs are looking nice though. Just need over 500 of them lol.

Coma corrector is clearly working looking at that.

When you flip really try and get the center of the bubble in the center of your image. It will make for a much better final product.

Adam

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

mkiii change the fov

Hi. asi178? The camera is covering only a small central area of the telescope's fov. You shouldn't need the coma corrector. Try without? Better stars, fewer aberrations.

Cheers and HTH

2 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi. asi178? The camera is covering only a small central area of the telescope's fov. You shouldn't need the coma corrector. Try without? Better stars, fewer aberrations.

Cheers and HTH

he already tried and still got significant coma although the colimation looked good, might be the tiny pixels showing it up.

Edited by Adam J
  • Thanks 1