Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Time To Move The Obsy Project Forward..

Greg

Set up from 1730 with the SN10 and the 120 frac on a grab n go mount (EQ3)..Observed a Jupiter and Venus.. :D

Even got the wife and kids out looking trough the scope :thumbright:

Hoping to grab some good pics of the moon and a couple of clusters...

I've just packed up due to the amount of fog and dew..The laptop is dripping the dew heaters can't cope and wife's Tesco value hairdryer has gone pop!

Enough is enough....I've moved the obsy project forward to January..

3 of sand....1 of cement..!

"3 of sand....1 of cement..!"

Not for the concrete base I hope :nono: :D , 5 of 3/4 aggregate (ballast) to 1 of cement would be much better :hello2:

BTW, why would a Devonian, with a accent to match, have the Welsh flag in his avatar ? :?

Dave3

BTW, why would a Devonian, with a accent to match, have the Welsh flag in his avatar ?

Dave,

I'm originally a "Jack" From Swansea and moved down here about 20 years ago..

:hello2::)

I'll be picking your brains regarding the obsy at every stage.. :D

Keep thinking about that myself Greg too. Best of luck with the project.

Earlier in the year I had a new entrance laid at the garden centre, and we used a special type of fibre reinforced concrete. You can order it ready mixed by the cube from cement companies. It has in the mix a load of hollow microfibres, which serve to create a base so strong you cannot crack it even with a sledge hammer. It is used for those concrete printed drives, and for hot tub bases, both of which require high strength. Probably overkill for an obsy base, but then I believe in over-engineering everything :D

In any case, ready mix concrete is very simple to work with, cost effective, and saves back breaking effort on the mixer!

Will you be putting a pier in there?

TJ

I'll go along with TJ with the "don't mix it yourself" vote. When you empty the mixer the first time its shocking how little you have to work with. You have to do loads of mixes to do a base with a mixer. Get the local concrete place ready to dump some left over stuff, they sometimes let you pay a small amount for stuff they'd throw away, but you have to wait until they have it left over. If there's no rush it might help.

I have a friend who does garden landscaping with a digger, and he arranged just such a drop for me through the bloke who does his concrete supply. I had the base shuttering ready so he just backed the truck up and tipped it in, took all of five minutes.

Kaptain klevtsov

Archived