NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Melotte 15 - centre of IC1805 in Hubble Palette.

tooth_dr

It's easy to be critical of our work, but when you think that this was taken with a little 80mm scope, from a little shed, t's pretty surreal.

I really like those dark clouds structures extending from the bottom left, so I rotated and cropped my larger image to incorporate these as a feature.  I've burned out the blue centre quite a bit, I dont know at what stage I did it and it was too late to rescue it when I did notice it.

I'll not do much more with this until I get more Sii and Oiii data.

I hope you like it!  

Adam

IC1805-crop.thumb.jpg.8f783c7799b6d172620a722a3882e94c.jpg

IC1805-wide.jpg

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Starwiz said:

Lovely images!

What do you do to control the stars when processing?  Mine turn out a horrible magenta for the Hubble Palette unless I spend a lot of time trying to remove them.

John

Thanks John

This is the first time I removed the stars from the images Ha Sii and Oiii. I then combined them as usual and finally added in the stars at the end again.  Otherwise I get magenta stars too. I bought Straton this time instead of doing it manually and it made all the different. I tried Starnet++ but I couldn’t get it to open up. At £14odd it’s not expensive.

Hope that helps

Adam. 

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks John

This is the first time I removed the stars from the images Ha Sii and Oiii. I then combined them as usual and finally added in the stars at the end again.  Otherwise I get magenta stars too. I bought Straton this time instead of doing it manually and it made all the different. I tried Starnet++ but I couldn’t get it to open up. At £14odd it’s not expensive.

Hope that helps

Adam. 

Thanks Adam,

I'll look up Straton.  It takes me hours to remove stars manually and I'm not usually happy with the results.

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks John

Hope that helps

Adam. 

I've just bought Straton. 

A fantastic piece of software that'll pay for itself on the first image I process.

John

• Like 1

On 25/09/2019 at 23:55, tooth_dr said:

It's easy to be critical of our work, but when you think that this was taken with a little 80mm scope, from a little shed, t's pretty surreal.

I really like those dark clouds structures extending from the bottom left, so I rotated and cropped my larger image to incorporate these as a feature.  I've burned out the blue centre quite a bit, I dont know at what stage I did it and it was too late to rescue it when I did notice it.

I'll not do much more with this until I get more Sii and Oiii data.

I hope you like it!  

Adam

IC1805-crop.thumb.jpg.8f783c7799b6d172620a722a3882e94c.jpg

IC1805-wide.jpg

That's really lovely Adam. Nice and bright & vibrant, which i like very much! I probably would have left a tad more green in there myself, but i know Green is almost a dirty word in AP 😁 so it's totally a personal preference decision and nothing more. 

On a side note, Starnet++ is actually quite easy to use (once you know how, just like everything really!) so i'll give you and @Starwiz a quick rundown in case it helps:

It could be you downloaded the wrong file, but you can get the Windows zip file from here:   https://sourceforge.net/projects/starnet/

Once downloaded and extracted, that's it, there's no program that gets installed, you just run the .exe file in the extracted folder. As you have a mono camera, what you need to do is this:

1. Copy your Stack into the same folder as the extracted Starnet++ folder. Let's assume it's your Ha stack and it's simply called 'Ha.tiff'. 

2. Right-Click the 'run_mono_starnet.bat' file and choose either 'Edit' or 'Open with Notepad'. 

3. Change the coding to this and Save the .bat file:

mono_starnet++.exe Ha.tiff Ha-s.tiff 64
pause

3- This will pick up the file 'Ha.tiff' file and create the starless file 'Ha-s.tiff'. Of course, this is just an example, so you can name the files anything you want, but you get the idea. 

4. Close the .bat file and Double-Click the 'mono_starnet++.exe' file. The procedure should now start and you should get a percentage meter. If you don't, then either something went wrong (check you have the exact coding, e.g .tif vs .tiff) or your hardware isn't supported (unlikely). It should take about 20 mins or so to complete. 

ps - For those with colour images, everything is done exactly the same, there is just a different file that you need to click to run the procedure, 'rgb_starnet++.exe'. 

pps - I haven't actually used Straton myself, so i can't comment on how good it is, but from the limited amount of testing of Starnet++ i've done myself, i can say that it's Neural Network AI wizardry is as close to actual wizardry as you're likely to come across. Long story short, it's pretty darned good. And it's free! 😎

• Thanks 1

Btw, thanks for posting the cropped version. Seeing it, it actually made me realise i much prefer this orientation, so i went back and rotated & cropped my own version, and i now like it a lot more, so cheers! 🙏 😀

6 hours ago, Xiga said:

That's really lovely Adam. Nice and bright & vibrant, which i like very much! I probably would have left a tad more green in there myself, but i know Green is almost a dirty word in AP 😁 so it's totally a personal preference decision and nothing more. 

Thanks Ciaran! You know it was actually more green, which I quite liked, but I succumbed to peer pressure and ran HLVG on it and then blended it to 70% 😂