Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 6 hr HOO

DaveS

From the last two nights. Had to dump 3 hours of HII as it was just out of focus, which meant I didn't get the chance to capture th [NII] that I wanted so had to make do with just HII and [OIII], 3 hours of each in 10 min subs. Made a synthetic Green from 70% O and 30% H. Trichromy then DDP and a Histogram Stretch to pull out what little outer shell there was, resulting in the coer being a touch over exxposed.

1091358883_FirstHHO0.thumb.jpg.be0dc67f6125d869084c0d69ba38a0aa.jpg

I'll post a more sensible version then I do it.

• Like 5

Thanks Martin. I don't have PS or PI. (Though I have plans for the latter). I do have GIMP though so may have a look to see what i can do. Layer masks are a but if a mystery to me as yet, do everything in AA5.

52 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Thanks Martin. I don't have PS or PI. (Though I have plans for the latter). I do have GIMP though so may have a look to see what i can do. Layer masks are a but if a mystery to me as yet, do everything in AA5.

I think GIMP handles layer masks. Search for Youtube tutorials on it. It really opens up a whole new tool box!