Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mel 15 under bright moon NB Bin x2

Star101

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi David, thats a really nice view of it, I like the framing a lot.  Pretty impressive for 1.5 hours!  I think I would prefer a little more grain in the image.

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated. I agree about the grain. It lost some detail by being smoothed out a little. I may go back to this when the skies cloud over :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knobby said:

I really like that, I'm so tempted to get an O3 and S2 filter to go with my Ha.

Thanks knobby,

Although Ha alone is a great filter adding the O3 and S2 makes images much more vivid :) I recommend them.

• Thanks 1

Very nice indeed. I agree with @tooth_dr, you could turn noise reduction down a notch. You also seem to have lost sharpness in the very heart of the heart. But all in all, a great image.

Just for fun, have you tried the kappa-sigma noise reduction in MLT in PixInsight? It's very easy and gives very good results when used on the linear image. Use it with either a mask or the built in linear mask of MLT.

Edited by wimvb
  • Like 1