NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT + platesolving

Anthonyexmouth

just started to have a problem with APT and platesolve2 not solving. blind solving is working fine but when it comes to goto++ its falling over and timing out, not always but more and more. on checking platesolve2 window its not showing the pixel scale, not sure it ever did as never had to check it, could it be APT isnt handing this info over?

anyone else getting this?

Following this! I started having problems the day before yesterday. APT locked up, I had to shut it down and when I restarted EVERY setting was gone. My location, file naming, everything. Since then I can´t get PlateSolve to work. It has no problem solving an image but when I go to Goto++ it solves the initial exposure, indicates how many pixels from target it is. So far so good. Then it just does not work. Sometimes it solves the second exposure and indicates the number of pixels from target but then it just throws an error message, something about "RunTime Error 6 Overflow" or what not. I deleted Platesolve 2.28 and downloaded it again but does not help. Before I did that I got another error message. Not going to hijack your thread but will look for anything that might help me out :)

On 19/09/2019 at 17:59, Anthonyexmouth said:

just downloading the new beta version of APT, release notes mention pointcraft failing after initial solve

maybe this fixes it. 

I've recently had similar issues, thought it was because I'd changed my scope and I have missed some setting. Tonight my Goto++ just would not solve any subsequent image even though the target was almost in the middle of the frame. It's out there capturing subs so not going to stop it now. I'll have a play with the latest beta version tomorrow. It's also stopped doing AMF's always fails to platesolve image, I presume it is associated.

Edited by Dinglem
grammar

19 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

I've recently had similar issues, thought it was because I'd changed my scope and I have missed some setting. Tonight my Goto++ just would not solve any subsequent image even though the target was almost in the middle of the frame. It's out there capturing subs so not going to stop it now. I'll have a play with the latest beta version tomorrow. It's also stopped doing AMF's always fails to platesolve image, I presume it is associated.

yeah, same issue with the AMF , worked fine last week then stopped working. i've just tried the newest beta and still not working. i hadnt updated anything so really unsure what happened. 

11 minutes ago, upahill said:

I would get this issue sometimes when EQmod wasnt letting Goto++ update the co-ordinates on the first solve. Usually due to being miles out of position on initial startup.

Also as @PaulR1 says the focal length settings would dissapear sometimes.

The really annoying thing is its slewing to almost the correct position on the first go with the target in or almost in the frame, sometimes platesolves ok then after making a tiny adjustment fails to platesolve . Blind solve has no issues. 

I had the exact same issue.

After I changed the Max Star Size parameter in ps2 from 6 to something higher (I chose 12 after examening the star recognition image...at 6 a lot of bright stars were not taken into the platesolve pattern), it has been quick and reliable.

6 minutes ago, Annehouw said:

I had the exact same issue.

After I changed the Max Star Size parameter in ps2 from 6 to something higher (I chose 12 after examening the star recognition image...at 6 a lot of bright stars were not taken into the platesolve pattern), it has been quick and reliable.

I'll try that.. if the clouds ever clear again