Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photobucket picture hosting

Gina

A large number of my photos from around 7-8 years ago that I linked to from here were hosted by Photobucket but now, although these photos still appear to be there, they are marred by blurring and the "photobucket" logo.  Does anyone know if I can retrieve my photos?  I tried Googling and got confusing results. 

I shall be giving a talk on astronomy to our local village social group and would like to include a few of my observatory build photos but these were hosted on Photobucket.  I did have them backed up but the backup system failed - nothing seems to be totally safe.  As I recall, Photobucket boasted free photo hosting for life up to a certain limit.  Since then they have gone back on that :cussing:

Here's an example.

On 30/09/2011 at 08:53, Gina said:

As promised - photos from yesterday's progress, taken in the early morning sunllight earlier today.

2011-09-30-1.jpg

2011-09-30-2.jpg

2011-09-30-3.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know my login details on photobucket.  I've tried my current email addresses but must have used an earlier one.  Also tried to guess my username but I have a common name and this has only brought up other people's accounts.

You could try Photobuckets email or username recovery. They say account’s not accessed for a couple of years may be deactivated and will have to be reactivated.

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724204-I-Can-t-Access-the-Email-Address-I-Signed-Up-With

Edited by johninderby

But I can't log into Photobucket because I don't have the password and they have sent a new password and/or how to change it to my gina@ginad.org.uk email address.  The ginad.org.uk domain is currently inactive - I'm trying to reinstate it.

Edited by Gina

Looks like you’ll have to try the following from their help page.

If all else fails, copy and paste the following text and questions into an email. Answer the questions and send it all to support@photobucket.com

***Copy the text below this line. paste it into your email to us***

What is your Photobucket username? (REQUIRED) Not sure?
What email address is currently registered with the account? (REQUIRED)
What is the first and last name registered with the account?
What is the account owner's date of birth?
What postal code was registered with the account?
What country were you in when you registered?
Describe one or two unique images or videos from the account.
What NEW email address can we use to recover the account? (not currently in use on Photobucket):

• Thanks 1