Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
fwm891

Final M20 for this season

M20 & Co are now too far west (neigbour's house) before dark so put this data to one side ready for next year...

M20_294MC_Final-2.jpg

• Like 10

Nice image Francis, I can still get on this if I get the chainsaw out and cut a walnut tree down, I feel this may be easier than taking a house out. Watching you work closely as I am thinking hard about a CEM 60 or 120. I see you corners appear nice and round, something I am not getting with my .79 reducer fitted which gives me about 638mm. not sure what I can do as it states 55mm back focus and with fitting I should get exactly that, can't believe the extra 5mm make such a difference, in any case how can I go shorter than 55mm without getting the hacksaw out.

Alan

• Like 1

A good way to end the season.  this target is problematic for me as well--mostly becuase it takes me a couple of months to get enough clear sky to make an imge--by then it has moved past the spot in my sky where it is accessible.  Shame.

Rodd

• Like 1

On 09/09/2019 at 13:54, Rodd said:

A good way to end the season.  this target is problematic for me as well--mostly becuase it takes me a couple of months to get enough clear sky to make an imge--by then it has moved past the spot in my sky where it is accessible.  Shame.

Rodd

My horizon and M20's path through it.... I get about 1½ hrs tops, on a good night

NESW_M20.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

My horizon and M20's path through it.... I get about 1½ hrs tops, on a good night

That is far worse than mine.  For me at your location, the trajectory would go from the building at left to the roof at right.  You have done extremely well considering what you have to work with.

Rodd

• Thanks 1