Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1396 narrowband widefield

MartinFransson

Just received my Astrodon 3nm O3-filter (my wallet might never recover...) so I had to try it out. Weather not cooperating, though.
Here is a quick widefield of IC1396 and friends.

Only 18*5 minutes of O3 and 19*5 minutes of Ha. I had to stretch the O3 WAY harder than I wanted but the Ha swamped it otherwise. Still turned out pretty well I think.

ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool + Canon EF 300/4L IS lens.

Bicolourtest_synthgreen_harderstretch_O3_edit.jpg

• Like 11

Excellent image, I see you must have used it wide open as it doesn't have those annoying blade artifacts, I have a F2.8 and and F 4 Canon lens, I stopped down a stop using the F4 (it hasn't been used for years) doing this put me off it all together.

Alan

On 06/09/2019 at 14:40, alan potts said:

Excellent image, I see you must have used it wide open as it doesn't have those annoying blade artifacts, I have a F2.8 and and F 4 Canon lens, I stopped down a stop using the F4 (it hasn't been used for years) doing this put me off it all together.

Alan

I do use it wide open. Was thinking of stopping it down to get better star shapes in the corners but didn´t think of the diffraction spikes... might have to rethink it :)