Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396 - Elephant Trunk - Samyang 135mm

Samyang 135mm with G2-8300 CCD . 1 September 2019

50 mins Ha (3nm)  and 16 mins Each RGB.

RGBHa

It is not a gradient to to the right but part of the vast nebulosity of this area.

1161756600_IC1396ElephantTrunkNebula.thumb.jpg.420491f635534b1fa1ef4086e031579e.jpg

HA Only

187682409_HaIC1396ElephantTrunkNebula.thumb.jpg.2e5571d0ccadc2076eb671f697e64635.jpg

Edited by kirkster501
  • Like 6

Thankyou folks.  I moved up to five minute exposures on the Ha data and I'm not even bothering with a luminance channel on the nebulae and capture all RGBHa all at 1x1.  

I really like this widefield lark.   Although I do guide the rig, guiding is very much less of an issue with wider field rig.

Whether widefield or with the TEC140/Atik telescope, I am going to limit my max time on an object to four hours of integration.  It is not feasible in UK for me, with my circumstances, to spend any longer on one object.  My exception will be a widefield mosaic of the whole constellation of Orion this coming winter hopefully.

12 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

My exception will be a widefield mosaic of the whole constellation of Orion this coming winter hopefully.

May the Lord be with you. My psychiatrist says that, four years on, I can expect periods of five minutes at a time of partial lucidity and freedom from paranoia but I am not allowed to associate with Tom O'Donoghue or look up in the south at night between September and May...

:Dlly

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

May the Lord be with you. My psychiatrist says that, four years on, I can expect periods of five minutes at a time of partial lucidity and freedom from paranoia but I am not allowed to associate with Tom O'Donoghue or look up in the south at night between September and May...

:Dlly

Worth it though Olly..  it looks really good on your wall 😊

• Thanks 1

Great image indeed! I assume some of the secret of getting such a presentable result after only 95 min is that you are shooting at f/2.8. Is that not right Olly @ollypenrice or have I fallen for the myth (I forgot what the myth really was)?

Edited by gorann