Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not understanding EQMOD home position

Thanks Alan re PEC, I have certainly seen mixed comments about it on many threads and even EQMOD documentation is pretty wishy washy
on whether it helps or not. It sounds so great to be able to send the reverse signal to the RA motor and cancel out that PE,- maybe Im a control
freak but its very appealing to me, but I have had my doubts about it. Especially when you do the math and consider how slow the rate of change that the
PE amounts to - surely easily managed by normal PHD guiding.

Stub Mandrel- I will look into that predictive PEC on PHD. I hadn't heard of it or noticed anything like it in the menus/documentation.

Where is it hiding?

53 minutes ago, johneta said:

Thanks Alan re PEC, I have certainly seen mixed comments about it on many threads and even EQMOD documentation is pretty wishy washy
on whether it helps or not. It sounds so great to be able to send the reverse signal to the RA motor and cancel out that PE,- maybe Im a control
freak but its very appealing to me, but I have had my doubts about it. Especially when you do the math and consider how slow the rate of change that the
PE amounts to - surely easily managed by normal PHD guiding.

Stub Mandrel- I will look into that predictive PEC on PHD. I hadn't heard of it or noticed anything like it in the menus/documentation.

Where is it hiding?

When not guiding, brain icon ---> algorithms tab.

11 hours ago, johneta said:

Actually it is there in RA algorithm, Ive just never seen it or heard anyone else talk about it.

Looks interesting. What do you normally set the retain model percentage to?

I use the defaults, the guidance is that changing them should be approached with caution.

I tried the Predictive PEC. Early on I thought I could see a small improvement but over the night the guiding wasnt settling to what I normally get,
so I went back to my default Hysteresis Algorithm for RA and got back to the RMS figures I normally get.

Im happy enough with that setting at this stage

I tried ppec again. I had a mechanical problem with my RA pulley which maybe messed up my previous try of ppec. Fixed that. Mount is now running ~20" pe. Found ppec maybe a slight improvement. On hysteresis I had .85 - 1.0" tot RMS. And later in night with pprec on I was getting .75 - .9". So probably better unless conditions had changed