Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 Andromeda

bottletopburly

Now that looks nice, sort of make me want to set one of my 300mm Canon lenses up on the mount, no really bright stars so maybe the it won't look too bad stopped down from wide open. Really an eye opener reading some of these shots people take, I thought there was only really DSS and PS for process with.

Alan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Now that looks nice, sort of make me want to set one of my 300mm Canon lenses up on the mount, no really bright stars so maybe the it won't look too bad stopped down from wide open. Really an eye opener reading some of these shots people take, I thought there was only really DSS and PS for process with.

Alan

Hardest part was getting correct debayer setting in regim right  ,bit of trial and error but I find it stacks well and adding data to previous data is really simple , startools I find for me is a lot easier  than ps .

4 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Hardest part was getting correct debayer setting in regim right  ,bit of trial and error but I find it stacks well and adding data to previous data is really simple , startools I find for me is a lot easier  than ps .

With me it is just I have used PS going back a long time, it is difficult to pick up but I struggle over what most consider easy, I am not what you would call IT Savvy, trying hard to come to terms with my new 071 at the moment. Everybody is being kind and trying to help but I keep messing things up, can't get the dam mount to point int he right place either, why does life have to be so dam difficult.

Alan

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, alan potts said:

With me it is just I have used PS going back a long time, it is difficult to pick up but I struggle over what most consider easy, I am not what you would call IT Savvy, trying hard to come to terms with my new 071 at the moment. Everybody is being kind and trying to help but I keep messing things up, can't get the dam mount to point int he right place either, why does life have to be so dam difficult.

Alan

I feel your pain Alan 👍

• Thanks 1

That too is a very nice image and more in line with those posted by others, I liked the first image because it was so wide field, a different take on it so to speak. It is a target I want to image though I will have to do it in two positions to get it all in at 640mm, that is if my mount ever slews to somewhere near it, has a mind of it's own at the moment.

Alan

• Like 1