Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

johninderby

I wonder if anyone else has the problem I sometimes have with people burning rubbish in their gardens and it allways seems to be in the evening up till about midnight. It’s not the smoke obscuring the view but sometimes it’s bad enough to make you cough and your eyes water so you can’t see clearly.

While living in Canada they had a simple solution. A total ban on open fires in ypur garden. 👍🏻

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

My neighbour has had his fourth consecutive barbeque  !!!!...

OK,  I could be concerned about the ash landing on my scope.... but its the appalling music (on repeat) the and conversational drivel that is beginning to grate..

Fortunately none of my neighbours seem to go in for outdoor parties or BBQs. Mostly retired people. Very quiet neighbourhood. Most of the time all you can hear is the birds tweeting. 

So I suppose I shouldn’t conplain that much.🤔

Oh and they don’t go in for security lights. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by johninderby

Only sociopaths light bonfires in residential areas.  

“Hey, I’ve got some garden waste and I am too lazy and stupid to take it to a municipal tip, so I’ll mix it in with some plastic rubbish, burn it in the most inefficient and polluting way possible, dump the combustion residues over your property and let the toxic, carcinogenic fumes blow into your house when your windows are open in the summer.  And if you dare to suggest that this may be antisocial, I’ll get angry and aggressive ‘cos I know my rights, I do....”

• Like 1

It's very bad for your health if your neighbours burn scrap wood and you get to inhale the smoke. The burning resins, particulates and carbon monoxide,  the poly aromatic hydrocarbons and burning embers floating about in the air, all are a hazard to your health.

You can install a few smoke alarms and get a garden hose long enough to reach the perimeter of your garden. Give a short warning before you use the hose.  Reassure them it will only take a short while before everything turns to normal.

Good luck.

Edited by Ruud