Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT and Virus Scanner

Starwiz

My virus scanner stopped APT and quarantined the APT.exe file during the warming sequence last night.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

I've had to restore it from the quarantine location this morning.

John

Julian is right but you MUST check that the APT files are not infected first . In fact do a scan of your computer first just in case you have infected files else where! You may have to boot from a "Rescue device" (e.g. USB) - sometimes provided by Anti Virus software

If your Virus scanner gave you the name of the poss infected file use it on here to check it out. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

False reports are quite common when a new version of an Anti Virus program comes out with a new algorithm 

I have never had ,lucky me touch wood,that problem with APT over 4 yrs and I use a number of different virus checkers!

Good Luck ! 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Which AV ??  but to stop it happening in the future, add a directory exclusion for APT and its working directories....

4 hours ago, stash_old said:

Julian is right but you MUST check that the APT files are not infected first . In fact do a scan of your computer first just in case you have infected files else where! You may have to boot from a "Rescue device" (e.g. USB) - sometimes provided by Anti Virus software

If your Virus scanner gave you the name of the poss infected file use it on here to check it out. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

False reports are quite common when a new version of an Anti Virus program comes out with a new algorithm 

I have never had ,lucky me touch wood,that problem with APT over 4 yrs and I use a number of different virus checkers!

Good Luck ! 🙂

Thanks for the advice.  I'm now running a full virus scan.

John