Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where can I get tripod spreader nut?

I've just bought a 2nd hand AZ EQ6 GT mount. The tripod was without a spreader plate or spreader plate retaining nut. As a protemps measure I've used the spreader and bolt from my HEQ5 Pro tripod.

I now need to get replacement spreader and retaining nut to replace the ones taken from the HEQ5.

I know that I can a replacement spreader from various retailers. But where would I get a retaining nut?

IMG_20190818_203227189_HDR.jpg

I have an azeq6 tripod, which I’m using as a heavy-duty tripod for a pan-tilt photographic head: I’ve replaced it for Astro purposes with a Berlebach Planet tripod.

As such my spreader plate and the plate-retaining nut are spare, as new condition, you can have them for postage cost only if you like...

PM me if interested 

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

I have an azeq6 tripod, which I’m using as a heavy-duty tripod for a pan-tilt photographic head: I’ve replaced it for Astro purposes with a Berlebach Planet tripod.

As such my spreader plate and the plate-retaining nut are spare, as new condition, you can have them for postage cost only if you like...

PM me if interested 

Cheers, Magnus

PM sent

1 hour ago, Captain Magenta said:

PM me if interested 

Cheers, Magnus

What a jolly decent chap.

If you do happen to know what size the thread is, posting the information might be handy in case someone finds this thread in a search.  I don't have one of these mounts otherwise I'd measure it myself.  I'd guess at M12, but I've no idea really.

James

FYI for anyone else facing the same predicament and not having the offer of a freebee from a friendly fellow lounger, I find "wixroyd" to be the boys for this kind of thing. Far superior hardware to the stuff fitted to Chinese mounts imo...

https://www.wixroyd.com/en/catalog/wixroyd/b

Just so happens I'm in the process of upgrading my AZ4 legs clamps with these...

20190819_204222.thumb.jpg.08c6e1717bc8f8c7abc9f9002c75020e.jpg