Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any 10 Micron techys out there?

ampleamp

After a recent power cut i opened up my shed this evening to setup and i have no mount (GM2000). Power is getting to the mount but nothing seems to be happening as in the handset gets as far as the picture attached. For info, the mount power supply is connected through a UPS as both a surge protector and a protection against those silly on/off powercuts that we seem to get occasionally; i would expect the UPS to work for at least an hour in the event of a powercut.

I have removed and reset all the cables anyway but nothing changes this status so I am really hoping that there is a nice easy fix, or an easy reset button that I'm just not aware of 😉

Unfortunately 10M support is away till 2nd September. I have contacted Ian King but on the small chance someone has seen this before and knows what to do I might still get my night??

Any help gratefully received thanks

IMG_7811 (1).jpg

10Micron don't like being wrongly shut down as mentioned in the manual, was it running at the time ?

10Micron may be able to fix it over the internet when they gat back from their holidays.

Have you had a browse of the 10M forum to see if anyone has had a similar problem.

They 

Hi Davey-T. Thanks. Yes it was on, which was unusual but that doesn’t help. I have had a plough around 10M but it is sparsely attended this evening though somebody may well reply before 10M support. Just my luck really. 

Edited by ampleamp

Does the mount respond to the power toggle button?

My controlbox died suddenly 3 years ago, Baader handled repair and shipping UPS shipping with pickup for free.
If you can't get it working again i suggest you contact Baader to prepare for sending in the controlbox/hand controller.

No simple reset button as far as I'm aware, had a couple of problems with mine not starting up at all which meant returning the main control box to Comec via Ian / Baader which took a couple of weeks round trip so hope yours doesn't need this.

10M forum isn't very active so pot luck if you get a quick reply.

Have you tried it using the updater ? can't do any harm, can't remember how it works as only done it once a while ago.

Dave

I haven’t tried the updater as I just assumed that there was nothing there to read it; however I did read on 10M about power surges causing some mounts to revert and lose software. It won’t hurt to see if it does see the mount. Thanks. Never thought to try that. 

14 minutes ago, Xplode said:

Does the mount respond to the power toggle button?

My controlbox died suddenly 3 years ago, Baader handled repair and shipping UPS shipping with pickup for free.
If you can't get it working again i suggest you contact Baader to prepare for sending in the controlbox/hand controller.

The button is the only way i can get this far. If it was the control box and hand controller I would take that as it would mean not stripping everything off the mount. I hope IK could organise any return should it be necessary. Do Baader own 10M now?

My wife now tells me that it wasn’t a power cut but more that the trip switch in the main shed (that feeds the electric to my obs) had tripped so something had gone bang off that circuit. I now suspect that it was the mount going pop as everything else on that circuit works. Looks like I will definitely have to get IK/Baader etc involved. 

• 4 weeks later...