NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent H, HO, O

DaveS

Just a trial run to see if it's worth doing. The data is pretty dodgy, more and better will be needed but the weather is against me ATM

Just 2 hours each HII and [OIII] through 3nm filters in 10 min subs. Red 100% HII, Green 70% HII / 30% [OIII], Blue 100% [OIII]. DDP after Trichromy and a bit of Histogram Stretch

986553084_TrialHHOOstack.thumb.png.49079e82ce148f98c43d549fe2b2173e.png

Thoughts?

• Like 15

2 hours ago, DaveS said:

Just a trial run to see if it's worth doing. The data is pretty dodgy, more and better will be needed but the weather is against me ATM

Just 2 hours each HII and [OIII] through 3nm filters in 10 min subs. Red 100% HII, Green 70% HII / 30% [OIII], Blue 100% [OIII]. DDP after Trichromy and a bit of Histogram Stretch

986553084_TrialHHOOstack.thumb.png.49079e82ce148f98c43d549fe2b2173e.png

Thoughts?

Outstanding 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Awesome..looks very nice 

Whats your setup please 

ASA DDM60 Encoder guided, TS Photoline 130 f/7 apo / TS Flat 2.5 / SX Trius 694 / Astrodon 3 nm filters. Capture in Maxim DL6, Post in AstroArt 5 only.

7 hours ago, DaveS said:

ASA DDM60 Encoder guided, TS Photoline 130 f/7 apo / TS Flat 2.5 / SX Trius 694 / Astrodon 3 nm filters. Capture in Maxim DL6, Post in AstroArt 5 only.

Thanks..somehow didn't think it was a ed80!

Great job, nice bit of kit..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveS said:

That’s an impressive list 😎 and you are doing it justice. I came back to look at the image again.  Inspiring stuff 👍🏻

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 1

Thanks again.

I had all kinds of woe with this image, the camera kept warming up or dropping off its connection (Traced to a USB problem) leading to some noisy subs. Some of the subs were also rotated relative to the others due to the camera turning without my realising it (Lesson learned, I now check orthogonality before starting a run) so requiring quite a heavy crop, but there were too many to discard.

I think I may have a bit more data so will have a look, and if it proves to be OK may do a rework.

• Like 1

Well, I had a look at the other data but the alignment errors had the effect of making the aligned area too small, needing too tight a crop, losing the context.

OK, now to get fresh data.