NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First try on planets

ZiHao

Thanks for the compliment! BTW, am I reaching the limit of the image quality for my setup for planetary imaging? As the seeing yesterday was pretty good, and the procedure of processing the planets are very similar every time as well I guess and the only way to bring out better images is higher magnification and bigger scopes, of course, and during opposition. Does stacking more frames help for planets? On Autostakkert, stacking 10% of the frames seems to be better than stacking 75%. Any advice for getting more details? Considering that the focus and collimation of the setup is decent.

More frames will generally help, but only if they are the same quality. When the prog selects 75% it is including a lot of lower quality frames. 10% of 5x as many frames should give a better result - except that you can start getting planetary rotation undermining that. There are progs that can compensate - I think winjupos is one, but wait for confirmation on that before purchasing. 

• Thanks 1