Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1396 Wide Field

Adreneline

This is 41 mins of Ha, 37 mins of OIII and 4 mins of Red! Clouds and (low) aircraft conspired to ensure that essentially the same amount of subs were consigned to Trash!

Taken with a Samyang 135mm + ASI1600MM-Pro at 139 gain, offset 56. Guiding was troublesome probably due to poor seeing. There is minimal cropping so stars at the extreme corners are not a good shape; possibly a shortcoming of the Samyang?

768040498_IC1396-3R7Ha4Ha6OO-PixelMathPS_levelsdfineLum.thumb.jpg.a3180bb3d367a74ca51e8b926b17c708.jpg

The Ha and OIII were 120s and 180s duration and were pre-processed and combined in APP as a multi-session image. Red were just 60s.

Ha, OIII and Red were processed in PixInsight and combined in PixelMath. Finally there was a small amount of noise reduction in PS and a very slight colour boost.

As ever critical comments are welcome.

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Very nice image indeed

Thank you Mick. I really like taking wider field images; I can't remember the last time I used my ED80. I know I don't get the detail with the 135mm and it's undersampled but I like seeing these large nebula set in their surrounding star field. I'm also not so keen on 'in your face' colours - I much prefer the subtle approach.

Thanks again.

Adrian

• Like 1