SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Transferring data from PC in Obs to PC in house?

I've got my Obs PC connected to my livebox by an ethernet cable. My other PC links to the livebox by wireless. Is there an easy way to send data down the line from the Obs? (at the moment I'm downloading to a portable drive)

thanks

Helen

OK, now I know that there have been a few issues with the livebox and home networks so you may have to do some research here but theoretically it's simply a case of switching everything on and running the network set up wizard e.g Start > Control Panel > Network Setup Wizard. Follow the steps to set up the network and create the shared folder. If all goes well you should see the shared folder on the obs pc in My Network places.

so long as both pcs have ip addresses in the same range (i take it they are both windows), just open a run cmd on the pc in the house to the ip of the pc in the obs as follows:

i.e

house - 192.168.1.100

obs - 192.168.1.101

on house pc open run cmd and type \192.168.1.101c$

enter username/password and you should have access to the c drive of the pc in the obs.. then just drag and drop files as needed...

Archived