Lunar mosaic

Steve Clay

Steve,

There is a mosaic program that is available to download as part of EQmod, I have it though have not tried to use it as yet. It took me long enough getting the pilot program to work for and the scope, I E, eqmod itself. I was thinking of having a go with M31 as it's so large for all but the shortest scopes.

Alan

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Steve,

There is a mosaic program that is available to download as part of EQmod, I have it though have not tried to use it as yet. It took me long enough getting the pilot program to work for and the scope, I E, eqmod itself. I was thinking of having a go with M31 as it's so large for all but the shortest scopes.

Alan

Cheers Alan I will look at eqmod option.

2 hours ago, Freddie said:

Imerge allows you to drop AVIs onto a canvas so you can check if you have any gaps as you complete each capture.

Does imerge stack the individual tiles or do they need to be done in registax and then imported to imerge

Cheers Steve 

Steve, you will need to stack the AVI's into a single image before using iMerge or MS ICE to complete the picture. I used to use registax, but changed to AVIStacks as it was so much faster and easier to use.

54 minutes ago, Steve Clay said:

Does imerge stack the individual tiles or do they need to be done in registax and then imported to imerge

Cheers Steve 

No, but the best thing about it is that as you capture each AVI, you can just drop them into imerge and immediately see if you have missed any areas rather than finding out during processing when it’s a bit late!!!

Archived