NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT cooling Aid help

Has anyone else had any issues with the APT cooling aid? my first time using it with my asi294. It keeps timing out even with a long timeout set and sometimes fails to reach temp. SharpCap on the other hand cools the camera with no issues at all. So guessing its not a camera issue.

I have the same camera.  It certainly does seem to take quite a while to get down to temperature (much slower than my Atik 460EX).  Try just extending the time allowed for it to reach temperature. 

I have APT configured in the settings so that it the cooling aid automatically launches when APT is opened.  I immediately start the cooling, then get on with the alignment plate solve, get it on to the target and framed, then start the guiding calibration.  It's usually down to -20oC well before all that is complete.

Edited by michaelmorris

it cools down fairly quickly in sharpcap but APT kinda stalls. it starts cooling then it'll timeout and when i restart the cooling it sometimes sticks at whatever temp it got to. i havent been able to get to -20 yet, been +20ish since i got the camera. got to -18 in sharpcap but sticking to -10 until it gets cooler. 

18 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

it cools down fairly quickly in sharpcap but APT kinda stalls. it starts cooling then it'll timeout and when i restart the cooling it sometimes sticks at whatever temp it got to. i havent been able to get to -20 yet, been +20ish since i got the camera. got to -18 in sharpcap but sticking to -10 until it gets cooler. 

Maybe try increasing the cooling step size? Is the camera's usb connection ok?

Louise