NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SkyWatcher Black Diamond 180/2700 Mak-Cassegrain Assesories

58 minutes ago, bluesilver said:

Some good information there,  not sure i would dismantle a new scope myself though.

Was looking at the Tele Vue Star Diagonals Everbrite 1.25inch

Seam to look like a reasonable Diagonal,  but i am also guessing that you would need some sort of adaptor to get the two to connect together.

For a 1.25” diagonal would go with the regular Baader T2 prism diagonal. Works well with a mak and can either be used with the standard 1.25” nosepiece and a 1.25” SCT visual back or a T2 to SCT adapter. Can also be fitted with the helical fine focuser which you can see in the photos.

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/baader-prism-diagonal-t-2-90-with-focusing-eyepiece-holder-and-125-nosepiece.html

7677E54F-B630-402F-88B4-959C65181ED4.jpeg

8EC4816C-B682-4C00-8E6C-5886BD82E62B.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

11 hours ago, johninderby said:

For a 1.25” diagonal would go with the regular Baader T2 prism diagonal. Works well with a mak and can either be used with the standard 1.25” nosepiece and a 1.25” SCT visual back or a T2 to SCT adapter. Can also be fitted with the helical fine focuser which you can see in the photos.

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/baader-prism-diagonal-t-2-90-with-focusing-eyepiece-holder-and-125-nosepiece.html

The helical eyepiece-holder seems to be included, as it states, "...With Focusing Eyepiece Holder...".  If so, that would be ideal.  The part number of the option does corroborate with that included with the diagonal.

I have the "ancient"(2003) non-helical eyepiece-holder fitted onto my own...

2024839236_Zeissstar-prism4.jpg.364a29e96ef65167c8e704718fa1e253.jpg

For quite a long time I have considered upgrading it with the helical.  

Yes, they're quite modular.  Some even fit on a 2" eyepiece-holder, and/or a 2" nosepiece.  The T2 has a 32mm clear-aperture, and the T2 Zeiss a 34mm, therefore I don't see a real benefit in so doing.

Edited by Alan64

34 minutes ago, Alan64 said:

Yes, they're quite modular.  Some even fit on a 2" eyepiece-holder, and/or a 2" nosepiece.  The T2 has a 32mm clear-aperture, and the T2 Zeiss a 34mm, therefore I don't see a real benefit in so doing.

To get a 25% larger true field of view over using a 1.25 inch eyepiece ?