Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m22

Hi everyone

Night by night venturing further south. Wondering what it is with orange stars in globular clusters seemingly brighter than their neighbours; more likely our poor quality camera of course.

Thanks for looking and do post your images of the same. It must be cool beer time soon!

700d: 80 minutes ISO800

1365219380_1-22(copy).thumb.jpg.f6aa17d6f87b020818fee9402090a1ae.jpg

• Like 9

That's wonderful and with a DSLR. I am hoping to get some subs of it myself in the next few days now the moon has cleared off for a bit. Not been able to do anything the last two clear nights as I hurt my foot badly accidentally kicking the soil tiller whist moving it, could have been worse, could have been running.

Alan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alan potts said:

with a DSLR

Hi and thanks for your post.

Yeah, there's a lot of fuss made of cooling. This is with the sensor well over 30º. Anecdotally, the gentlemen across the way with an enormous atik were still trying to get their filters turning as the sun rose;)

4 hours ago, alan potts said:

hurt my foot badly

Oh dear. Get well soon. I suspect you may have used language akin to that used to describe the dead filters as outlined above. Indeed, I'm sure the atik would have been better used as a cold poultice whilst we fried you a few eggs for breakfast using the Canon's sensor!

14 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi and thanks for your post.

Yeah, there's a lot of fuss made of cooling. This is with the sensor well over 30º. Anecdotally, the gentlemen across the way with an enormous atik were still trying to get their filters turning as the sun rose;)

I must say seeing this it is remarkable good. I am looking at a new Zwo 071 in Sept which I was hoping will improve my work. Last night here temp on the sensor, according to APT was 33c. I am only using an old 40D which is modded, I do however have both 7D versions and it makes me wonder if they may get better results albeit without the modification. There is some stunning work done with Atiks and filters though.

Alan