Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

cygnus and scutum cloud fields

Hi all, my first images of wide field imaging of cygnus and scutum star clouds taken while on holiday a few weeks ago. Canon 1000dm, standard canon lens, omegron mini clockwork drive. Think my polar alignment was a little out. stacks of 5x3mins stacked in Dss. Edited with the new adjusted second image of the scutum cloud as it was suggested it was to green, which I agreed with. 

cygnus070719eb1 (2).jpg

scutum-070719-7meb (2).jpg

IMG_20190718_110155-2916x1895.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Star101 said:

see a green tinge to the image though. SCNR would remove that to give a much better image IMO.

I agree, just noticed it myself, will attempt to adjust it. Think this is better. 

IMG_20190718_110155.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant

On my monitor the new version is more green, not less. But I like the pictures.

There is a trick you can use to circularize the stars in your first pic. Load the picture into Gimp of Photoshop and duplicate the layer. Set the second layer to Darken Only, and then offset the second layer by a few pixels along the path of the trails. This will darken the start and end of the trails, making the stars rounder.

18 minutes ago, Ags said:

On my monitor the new version is more green, not less. But I like the pictures.

There is a trick you can use to circularize the stars in your first pic. Load the picture into Gimp of Photoshop and duplicate the layer. Set the second layer to Darken Only, and then offset the second layer by a few pixels along the path of the trails. This will darken the start and end of the trails, making the stars rounder.

My monitor must be weired or my eyes, lol. Looked less green on mine. Oh well. Thanks for the info on making stars rounder, I'll have a go. Thanks aga, there's always something else to learn, lol.