Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick Question for New Scope

Hi all,

I have been doing a bit of astronomy for the last year now mainly through bins and naked eye so I could familiarise myself with the sky. Please can you let me know if I would be better off buying the Skywatcher 130mm Explorer with Motor or the 150mm without Motor? As I'm sure you know the 150 is about £50 more which isn't a problem but I am attracted by the 130 as I can use the motor to follow objects through the Sky. Which would you choose?

Thanks for any responses in advance.

The difference in light grab between the 130 and 150 wouldn't be huge enough to tip the scales towards the 150.

I would go for the 130 with drive and ennjoy the views without having to adjust all the time.

I would go for the 150 and then save up for the motor (£79 for RA, £99 for both RA and DEC)

Although the extra aperture isn't vast, I would't say no to it. The EQ3 is a much nicer mount then the EQ2 and could also be upgraded to GOTO if that's what you wanted in the future.

Regards

Richard

Archived