Iris and Tulip nebula

carballada

I like to show you my last two images finished during the last months.

Iris Nebula

It was integrated only 15 hours, 50% best frames of the total valid frames taken between May and June of 2019.

It was used an ASI1600 on a RC10+Riccardi.

Iris Nebula close-up (NGC7023) in LRGB

Tulip Nebula.

I used HSO palette with RGB stars. More than 33 hours of integration time, selecting only the best frames of the total valid frames captured (80%).

Tulip Nebula (Sh-101) close-up in HSOrgb

Please, also take a look on a big size files with all acquisition data at Astrobin.

http://www.astrobin.com/413187

http://www.astrobin.com/414611

I hope you like it and of course, all c&c will be welcome!! 😆

Fantastic images Jose, I have already liked them on Astrobin.

I do envy the ability to gather so much data, the skies here in the UK are too cloudy to be able to do such long images.  You say "only 15 hours".  That's half as much again as the longest image I ever took.

I love the addition of the RGB stars, and the whole processing is quite perfect.

Carole 

20 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

wowzer! Absolutely breathtaking. 

Thank you!!

20 hours ago, dave_galera said:

Both brilliant images.....extremely well handled with regards to noise, contrast and colour balance, I do like good narrowband images, and the long integration times have paid off.

Thank you Dave, as you said long integration is key, I think that on narrowband and specially on this ASI1600 with 12bits, of course, only if you want to increase the faint details.

I am really waiting for a camera substitute, like so many others, a 16 bits APS-C with big pixel could be perfect... but it's only a wish list for the moment 😀 maybe at the end I will go to an 16200 chip.

19 hours ago, carastro said:

Fantastic images Jose, I have already liked them on Astrobin.

I do envy the ability to gather so much data, the skies here in the UK are too cloudy to be able to do such long images.  You say "only 15 hours".  That's half as much again as the longest image I ever took.

I love the addition of the RGB stars, and the whole processing is quite perfect.

Carole 

Thank you Carole for all your support, sorry to use expressions like "is only 15 hours" but when I see all the potential in one picture then I must admit that with more integration time it could be better.

In that regards I have plans to run a dual rig at some point of the mid term future (Q4).

Still I am waiting the new Mesu mount but all the other hardware is now prepared... the idea is double the acquisition time on the same time window (if all runs ok), we will see how it works!! to many things to configure, test and prepare!!

I have plans to run a dual rig 

Lol, the figures I quoted above for my longest image are in fact what I have achieved with a dual rig.  I guess my problems are also associated with the amount of time I can be at a Bortle 4 location though as I only go there for 2 - 3 days once a month. 

Carole

On 22/07/2019 at 09:20, ollypenrice said:

Very, very high quality images. I particularly love the lighting of the Tulip.

Olly

Thank you Olly for your comment, I appreciate it.

I really try to show a different Tulip and in this case, in my opinion,  the choose palette works very well. It's not only more 'dramatic', it's also really 'revealing' 😀

Archived