NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

quick test with asi 178 as all sky cam

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi

I just picked up a 178, how are you getting on with this project?

its stopped for a while as ive been using the 178 on my c8 for planetary,ive had the dome since i started testing ,in fact its still in its unopened bag in my car boot,but now youve reminded me and ive kicked planetary in the head it might be my next project keep me updated how you go 

• Like 1

Hi,

I just built plugged together an allsky-cam using an ASI120mm controlled by an old RPi. It works, but I find the image rather noisy with longer exposures. Dark-subtraction is needed, otherwise there's white pixels dominating the image.

Also, I seem to miss meteors. On Tuesday I saw two between Swan and Lyra, but they are not on my images. One image shows small artifakt that might be one of them, but it's guesswork and only visible if you actually know where (and when!) to look.

Iwols, what parameters did you use to create the image posted above? And what lens do you use? 1.5 mm?

Sven   

Edited by freiform

1 hour ago, AngryDonkey said:

This is my all sky setup also with an ASI 178 camera (colour): https://www.allskeye.com/allskeye-live/

The lens is a Fujinon 1.8mm f/1.8 Fisheye lens.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I'll stick up some photos later from last night.  Unfortunately the 2.1mm lens has a lot of distortion, moreso on one side.

This is my image from my 178MC two nights ago.  The 2.1mm is poor I think.  This is a 20s exposure using AsiCap, on auto gain.

Any pointers welcomed.

image.thumb.png.bd2435190995d7d057bbe92dd876e6a1.png

I've also attached a screen shot from AllSkeye and the Oculus camera as well, on same night:

image.thumb.png.88a7d2632490135c44577a69f3bb3054.png