Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need to test Canon EOS 500D for possible faults

I have a very serious problem with my Canon D500, The memory card of the camera keep showing protected. it shows. Card write Protected. I have even change the card and use a different one but it shows the same thing. Please can somebody help me on what to do

6 hours ago, Parkers said:

I have a very serious problem with my Canon D500, The memory card of the camera keep showing protected. it shows. Card write Protected. I have even change the card and use a different one but it shows the same thing. Please can somebody help me on what to do

There is a little switch on the side of the SD card - it may be set to protect. See if you can move it.

Peter

There is a small switch inside the camera that is operated by the tab on the side of the card that others have mentioned you check. 

This switch can get damaged or go open circuit after years of card insertion. 

I believe you can bridge the switch on the circuit board. 

Also the camera still works, so you can save images to a USB tethered PC instead of the card. 

Michael