NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CEM40EC strange Ascom values

phips1702

Dear all,

being a fresh owner of a CEM40EC, I wanted to use the clear skies yesterday but ran into a strange issue, I haven't had over all the years with a number of different mounts.

The Ascom connection over driver version 5.7 works perfectly well, the mount is identified and controllable by iOptron commander and the readout of the RA/DEC/Alt/Az values is normal (see pics of iOptron commander).

When I connect to any Ascom based software (CdC, APT, etc.) I do get a connect, but strange readings for all 4 values, see attached. Obviously neither APT nor any other control software is happy about those parameters - any idea what I am doing wrong or is this a bug?

Anyone here using the same mount with any Ascom-based imaging software?

Cheers,
Philipp

IMG_1124 2.JPG

IMG_1126-001.JPG

21 hours ago, nigelg said:

You have not checked Day light saving in commander

Nigel

True, but irrelevant for the driver issue, the values reported by the Ascom driver are faulty. DST setting does not change anything. Seems to be a driver issue.

2 hours ago, jjosefsen said:

Seeing as this is a new product and possibly driver, could you try to check it with the ascom conformity checker..

https://ascom-standards.org/Developer/Conformance.htm

It is suprising how many suppliers mess up the drivers..

He solved the problem as it was due to a separation sign. In Germany they use a comma and in USA they use a dot ...

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/667057-cem40ec-strange-radec-readouts-in-ascom/?p=9480682

• Like 2

I was about to troll and say it was a German issue. Turns out to be right. 

Friendly reminder that OP should post updates with solutions, so anyone else searching out this post also gets the solution.