NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help! problem with ASI 120MC

Last week my ASI120MC stopped working properly, I just thought I was doing something wrong, especially when I plugged it into my desktop when I got home and it worked fine.

but...

Tonight it is detected by my laptop (which says everything with the driver is dandy), both Amcap and Sharpcap detect it, but I just get a black screen. Sharpcap reports that every frame is being dropped.

I've tried restarts, everything, but it just won't work on my laptop. It's fine on my desktop.

Help!

(just re-tested and it's working with my desktop right no, so at leass the camera isn't borked (plus same results with two different leads and Touptec working with both leads on laptop).

At least I can (hopefully) guide with my touptec mono tonight

Edited by Stub Mandrel

10 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Windows 10 update recently? 

The camera may be detected but drivers need reinstalling. 

Michael 

I'll try a complete remove/reinstall.

Yes, uninstalled an downloaded the latest windows driver set and it replaced the ones already on my system, so possibly a windows update borked them (presumably the same will happen on my desktop at some point?)

I must learn NEVER to trust windows when it says 'this device is working properly'...

Edited by Stub Mandrel

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I think it's a more recent one, about three years old.

I only ask as I bought one of the older ones off FLO last year. Worked fine on my W7 laptop. Got a new W10 laptop and it wouldnt work at all! Sent it to FLO who tested and it was fine. So if it's working on another PC it's something to do with the laptop your using.

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

I only ask as I bought one of the older ones off FLO last year. Worked fine on my W7 laptop. Got a new W10 laptop and it wouldnt work at all! Sent it to FLO who tested and it was fine. So if it's working on another PC it's something to do with the laptop your using.

It's working again now, but previously it's been OK on the latop for about 3 years, it just stopped part-way through setting up last friday