Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m4

Hi everyone

Not an easy one this. With the big 10" reflector doing duty elsewhere, we had to make do with something smaller. Followed it up to the meridian for around an hour before the haze took 30 minutes after the flip. Not enough time. Need a bit of a breeze.

Again, the biggest discussion point must be the colour. To me, it's too orange but then look away from the cluster and there are blue stars too. Thanks for looking and do tell us what you think

Cheers and clear skies.

450d on pn208

m4-all (copy).jpg

• Like 4

It's a lovely cluster. If I may critique a little.. I think the blues are a bit too cyan, and you have some blocky looking stars.. Maybe try drizzling it. I don't know what your resolution was here..?

Either way I'm quite jealous that you can image right now, too bright up here this time if year. 🙂

2 hours ago, jjosefsen said:

too cyan

Hi and thanks for the comments. 

Yeah, the blue is wrong.  It's frustrating since performing the same process elsewhere in the sky makes for a more realistic blue. This was low in the south. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Not sure about the stars. It benefitted from a deconvolution. Again, it probably was a bad idea. 

It was a DSLR at 812mm, f3.9. 

Cheers