SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M4 rather poor

alan potts

I am posting this only because I haven't seen it on site before, that's not to say it hasn't been done by people in a better position world wise. This only gets about 21 degrees above the southern horizon and though it is mostly total free from light that way, it is rather a lot of atmosphere to shoot through. Guide was very up and down which I imagine is normal for so low down and subs were limited by trees236341067_Autosavecopy.thumb.jpg.ff7d421a6e3291d049e3580063188fdf.jpg

This is 15x 3mins and 10x 2mins at 1600iso on my 805mm apo. There seem to be a caste to the shot that I feel may be milky way clouds to the right hand side, either way I am struggling to improve it. It could also be light from my Mosquito killer, I'm fighting back because at this time of year they eat me alive.

Please feel free to correct anything you like but please let me know what you did and how so I can learn.

Hope you sort of like it. Alan

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

I dont think that it's poor at all.. looks great...

Kind of you to say but I bet you could do it better without even trying for where you are, I guess it's decent considering the low altitude from here, love this in my 18 inch Dob.

Alan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alan potts said:

Kind of you to say but I bet you could do it better without even trying for where you are, I guess it's decent considering the low altitude from here, love this in my 18 inch Dob.

Alan

Being overhead makes it easier but all things considered your image is great...

I too enjoy globs in the eyepiece.