Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7380 Wizard Nebula in Ha

jeffwjz

First time trying out narrow band imaging (Ha), and I chose NGC7380 as the target due to its very high position in sky and the cool name. I'm using Skywatcher 150pds and Atik 314 camera. Total exposure 7 x 20min. Overall I'm quite satisfied with the image, although there are some coma at the corners and edges, and I can feel I'm already attracted by Ha narrowband imaging. 

16bit.thumb.png.e93decf5550c45fec75061cd6d8b0ce3.png

• Like 4

Cool result... narrowband imaging, HAlpha in particular, yields some great results which would otherwise be impossible from light polluted areas....

With the coma... I just crop away the coma or edge distortion of my images... usually there isn't that much that needs to be cropped but the overall effect looks a lot neater.

19 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

With the coma... I just crop away the coma or edge distortion of my images... usually there isn't that much that needs to be cropped but the overall effect looks a lot neater.

Agreed. I forgot to crop and distortions as being in a rush.. I even forgot to crop out the stacking artefacts!

• Like 1