Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is it any easier to use the OTA rather then the polar scope when polar aligning?

I'm probably going to take out my C6 NGT tonight, but wondering if its any easy first getting Polaris within the eyepiece using only the screws for the polar scope and then using that the polar scope to fine tune it a bit?

Just I find the polar scope so small its hard to get it aimed properly...

Hello Ben

if your only going to be doing visuals then polar alignment isn't that critical just so long as the north leg of your tripod is reasonable pointing north and your latitude is set up correctly it should be close enough to give you reasonable viewing times however if its astro photography your at then it has to be as accurate as possible. I'm not certain as to what type of mount it is you have is it a German EQ or a go to mount you have if its an EQ you may well find you wont actually be able to align your mount using the ota as eq have great difficulty actually pointing at the pole star.

Archived