Just got the evostar 72ED...

So I finally pulled the trigger on the Skywatcher evo star 72ED telescope. Call me stupid, but I will have to use this on my Nexstar SE mount for astroimaging for now which limits me to less than 20 seconds of exposure time(Not to mention the backlash!), but that will have to do for now till I could afford an EQ mount😆. Judging from the images posted on the “No EQ challenge” forum on SGL, hopefully I’ll still be able to obtain at least some semi-decent results, if not the best. What are your thoughts on this newly released OTA??

202EBE50-43AA-4B2D-88FE-32473B7153A0.jpeg

I have only used my SW 72 ED once as summer nights have arrived here but from my short time of use so far I think its a brilliant little scope. Roll on August so I can give it a good run!

9 hours ago, Paul73 said:

I like my little ED72. Cheap as chips, feels like a quality product. Yet to get an image out of mine, but it’s been fun for a bit of visual sky surfing!

Agreed. When I took it out of the box, I was surprised by how much bulk there was in the scope! It feels like something that would cost more.

Archived